Saturday, April 14, 2012

Update

I had my first immunotherapy treatment yesterday. The treatment is an infusion similar to chemotherapy. It was delivered by IV and took about 90 minutes. I have experienced no noticeable side effects yet. I can’t help wondering if my immune system has received the message to seek and destroy the enemy.  Whether I experience side effects or not has no bearing on the treatment's success in attacking the melanoma.  The next infusion is in three weeks, but it would still be too soon to know. Meanwhile I feel good.

Today I woke up, puttered in my workshop, and then took an hour walk. It was such a good day Sharon and I decided to spend the afternoon in the yard and garden. 


4 comments:

  1. Glad to see you are wearing your hat.
    It sounds like it was a very good day! Yeah.

    Love, Sheila

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wish our yard was still the one next door.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awww, a man out standing in his field! Great pic.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for the update! Nice picture - beautiful tulips! Stay determined - I'm continuing to pray for you and your family.

    ReplyDelete