Monday, June 3, 2013

Calm



Harold was released from the hospital Sunday about noon. The trip home was exhausting but after a short nap he was up and dressed for church. Not that we were actually going, but in a way, church came to us. Our new granddaughter, Aubrey, was scheduled to be blessed in Sacrament meeting Sunday, but since Harold couldn’t attend the service, Megan and her husband Eric were given permission to have the blessing in our home. 

Our entire family was there. The blessing was followed by dinner and family photos in the back yard. As Harold and I sat watching them serving, teasing, laughing and loving each other, I leaned over to him and whispered, “Isn’t this what heaven is all about?” 


Later that evening we had the chance to talk, to share our feelings about uniting in faith and moving forward without fear. Then, as we've done since our family first began, we knelt together in family prayer. 


 Peace, Be Still.
 

9 comments:

  1. You are amazing! This is what life is all about, and you are passing this test with flying colors. Despite the Lord's will, you have already won this battle with your great faith. We're still praying for miracles... keep fighting. Enjoy these sacred times together - great to see you all together.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful pictures. Praying for you today.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I know you probably don't know me-- I'm Phil and Janet Savage's "adopted daughter"... I just wanted you to know that I've been following your blog intently and reading about your experiences. Hearing your heartfelt testimony and following your stalwart faith has not only been inspiring, but has helped me with my own trials of faith. Thank you for sharing your testimony... We are praying for you!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sending lots of love to the entire family and especially to Bishop Jones. However, all the prayers and good wishes I could possibly send your way would be miniscule in comparison to the kindness and strong examples (and a lifelong reminder to trim my finger nails, piano lessons or not!) that you have shared with me over the years. Your family's demonstration of faith through this is a gift to all around you. I second Annie's comment commending your amazingness. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. You don't know me, but I'm related to Risa, through the Savage family (who posted above). I too, want to share with you what a blessing you have been to me by sharing your testimony and commitment to have faith. Your steadfast commitment to stand strong and trust in the Lord in dealing with your trials, strengthens me in dealing with a few trials in my life that seem to have no end in sight. Thanks you...and know that we are praying for you too!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. A beautiful picture of a celestial family. You are all such a towering example of grace, faith and love. By the way, Bookworm is Terry.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ditto to all of the above. I (made the mistake :) of looking at this post, while I was on the way to the temple today. Needless to say, I was crying in the car. We love you.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sharon and Bishop Jones-
    I have been following your blog for the past few weeks. I am humbled to hear about your unwavering faith and how you always look for the positive in every situation. Your testimony and faith was such an example to me growing up and it still continues to do so! My prayers and love are with you and your family.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I can't say more than has already been written. Yes, your faith, strength, courage, and your marvelous family have blessed more people than you will ever know. I love how you maintain an eternal perspective through it all. The pictures of the family are always full of energy and humor. Our prayers continue in your behalf.

    ReplyDelete