Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Update

Harold goes in tomorrow afternoon for a Positron Emission Tomography (PET) scan. The purpose of this scan is to see if cancer has spread to any other part of his body. I’ve had this procedure before and it's amazing. I felt like I was in a lab scene in some kind of science fiction movie. Harold will receive an intravenous injection of a radioactive glucose. Following the injection he will rest quietly for about an hour while the glucose travels through his body. After that he will lie on a table that will slowly pass through a scanner.  My doctor explained that cancer cells are pigs. They just gobble up the glucose tracer creating hot spots that show up on the scan.
    
I vote for a no show, zero, none.  But if not . . .

We expect to get the results on Monday.

P.S. We walked 40 minutes today.

No comments:

Post a Comment