Monday, March 26, 2012

Home

We woke up at 8:00 a.m. this morning. It was a sharp contrast to our days in the hospital or to Harold’s longtime 5:15 morning alarm. Even better, we were home in our own bed. Life is good.
  
In some ways the last ten days have been like a dream. So many kindnesses, so much support, so much love. There have been harsh realities that startle us and there have been continued confirmations that we are in our Heavenly Father’s care. Did all this really happen? Is it real?
  
We were released from University hospital Sunday by 1:00 pm. As we approached the door I thought I recognized the woman coming in. This woman was pushing a baby stroller. Could it be? Our eyes met and she immediately opened her arms to give me a hug. Yes, here was my fellow nomad – the woman whose husband had undergone the same surgery as Harold. She was amazed and encouraged by how good Harold looked. “Give it a day,” we encouraged, “your husband will feel better too.”  
No, this wasn’t a dream. She and her baby were real.
  
Harold does look amazing. You don’t see his scar unless you are tall enough to look down on his head. Then you will notice a graceful superman “s”. The incision is held together with staples reminding me of railroad tracks. (Harold won’t let me post a picture, but it’s cool.)
  
The most pronounced side effect is a physical and mental tiredness which we are told will gradually decrease over the next month.  That said, we took a 30 minute walk through the neighborhood today and had some pretty lively debates.

A good friend once explained that Faith is simply taking the next step. When I heard it I knew it was true. 
 
 
March 25, 2012

6 comments:

  1. What a blessing! Know that your family remains strongly in my prayers. I am grateful and strengthened by your testimony and continued faith. Love you!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! That's such great news! We are so happy to read such happy news! I bet the walk was a beautiful one now that spring is here! We love you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So happy you are home, that will do a world of good for anyone. Enjoy the daffodils and know that we are praying for you and thinking of you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Come on, Bishop Jones, let us see the scar...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very encouraging update !! Great photo ! Hope your nomad friend does well too !

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow. I am impressed at how great President Jones looks! I hope you both know how the way you have chosen faith has effected more lives than you know. I'm praying for you!!

    Scott Hudson

    ReplyDelete