Tuesday, March 18, 2014

Why Choose Faith?


It’s been exactly two years since our family made the decision to choose faith and posted it on this blog:

"We know Harold’s diagnosis is very grave. We also know there may yet be a work for Harold to do here. We Choose Faith. Faith in our Savior, Jesus Christ. Faith in our Heavenly Father’s plan and faith that He knows our needs and fulfills his promises in His own way.
So perhaps we need a miracle . . . but if not, the Lord's will be done. We Choose Faith."   March 18, 2012


We made that choice and I’ve renewed it every day since. Why? 


Because faith gives me hope.

Faith gives me peace.

Faith gives me purpose.

And ultimately faith gives me knowledge.

By holding tight to that faith especially when times are hard, I’ve had a chance to test the words I’ve been taught since childhood. I’ve come to know my Savior's words are true. I don’t need to see him to feel his love or experience the peace he offers. I don’t need to see my Heavenly Father to know he is real and has a plan for me and for each of his children. I know he cares and is aware of my unique needs. I have witnessed that caring through miracles small and great.

Life is different and yet life is good. In November I was asked to be the president of the Young Women's organization at church. In December I was asked to house the missionaries. My quiet life has turned in unexpected new directions. 


Our family had a joyous holiday season marked by three special events. Kaylene and Rebecca both became engaged to wonderful young men. Weddings are planned for April and June. We celebrated Harold’s birthday by the arrival of a new grandson, Harrison Clive Jones. 

Spring approaches, coaxing winter to give up its fury. It was warm enough last week to work in the yard. It felt good to trim the overgrowth and clean up the matted ground. I noticed tulips breaking through the soil, as if checking out the weather. Despite the threatening snow they didn't retreat but resolutely  held their ground. I'm going to do the same. I choose faith.  


2 comments:

  1. Thank you. Some of us have been here "waiting" for you ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sharon, I think you are the bravest person I know.

    ReplyDelete