Wednesday, February 6, 2013

Recovering at Home

Harold has been home from the hospital for a couple of day and is recovering well. There has been much less discomfort this time and no cognitive impairment. He did have an amazing shiner of a right eye. That, along with an arc of new stitches, combined to make him look a bit tough. Elodie, our three year old granddaughter declared, “Grandpa is scary.”
     
Harold sleeps a lot, which is a good thing. He needs to heal as much as possible before going back into surgery on Monday. At that time he will have two more tumors removed.

Between naps we take walks.

 “So how far are we going today,” I cautiously asked as we started our morning walk.

I’ve learned to check these things out because with Harold . . .  well, it’s just good to know. A couple of weeks ago I found myself in the middle of a steep jungle hike, already tiring and then overwhelmed by the realization that the only way out was up. So now, out of a new sense of self preservation, I asked the question.

Before Harold could even answer, I stopped and laughed at my ridiculous concern. After all, he’s the one just recovering from major brain surgery. I should be ok. And I was. We walked a mile and a half.

2 comments:

  1. If you happen to walk by my house at some point in your future walks, say hi to it for me. :) Or by my elementary school, or my middle school, or my park, for that matter.

    But more importantly, keep pushing on with faith! You both have always been such great examples to me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good idea. We'll try it today. Thanks for your encouragement.

    ReplyDelete